The firemans motto “Everyone goes home” rang true for an antique fire truck used by the Burlingame Fire Department from 1938 to 1962. The city of Burlingame purchased its first pumper open-cab fire truck in 1938 for $1,900. The truck was equipped with a Barton-American 300 gallon/minute front mounted pump, a 2½ inch fire nozzle, fire buckets, 300 gallon water tank, two ladders, and an electric siren. This was quite an upgrade from their previous equipment. The new truck was used to fight one of the biggest fires in the citys history – that being the S.S. Smith Lumberyard. Later in the middle 1950s, the 1938 pumper truck was again called upon to fight a major fire in the business district at the Burlingame Locker Plant. The fire truck is currently on display in the fire station exhibit at the Schuyler Museum Annex but can also be seen, weather permitting, in special event parades held in the community.